Errai: The browser as a platform

Thursday, January 10, 2013

ErraiBus clusters natively!

Christian and myself burned some midnight oil the past few days in order to get ErraiBus's new native clustering support up and running.

Some of our users have been looking for this for some time as ErraiBus has been somewhat limited in clustered environments and required the creation of JMS Queues and such to handle global broadcasts in a cluster.

People wanted something that would "just work" without having to worry about the topology of user sessions relative to whatever random server a load balancer might move a user to.

As I just mentioned, really smart engineers have managed to work around the limitation that each bus is not aware of any other buses in a cluster. And even then, it's only a problem for a certain class of applications. But the whole point of ErraiBus was to be stupid easy to use.

Therefore, tonight in the 3.0 branch we committed a new ClusteringProvider implementation that leverages the ever-so-awesome JGroups.

It's pretty easy to use for basic clustering scenarios. Basically you add the following two lines to the ErraiService.properties file.


Yeah, that's about it. JGroups will startup with the bus and use multicast to find other buses.

So if you're interested in testing it yourself, hurry on over to the 3.0 branch, give it a clone and build it with Maven. If that's too much work, don't worry, we'll have a pre-release coming very shortly.

2 comments:

  1. Perhaps extend this to use Muxer, so multiple apps can re-use the same JChannel instance.
    We do that in CapeDwarf.
    But it's a bit easier for us, as we also have a whole AS integration layer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very happy being Herpes free now. It was a sad incident that was announced to me after the check up in the hospital and I was diagnosed of HSV 2. I thank God now for using Dr.odey Abang to cure my virus. I'm not ashamed to say this because no virus of such can be detected in me. I'm Charlotte from Columbia. I thought about it many Times when I heard about this Herbal cures for Herpes. I was really happy when I came across blogs of comments of Doctors who run cures sicknesses and was comfortable to try Dr. Abang from patients testimony I came across here on my online page. I knew now they are real Africa herbalists who run cures for Herpes. There's every opportunity to be cure with natural herbs, because all medical prescriptions are derived from herbs and roots. Its really hard time living with Herpes on drugs which can't get you cure. I tried this and I can boost of myself now as a woman. I need to be loved not to lost, get your instant cure to all sicknesses from Dr, Odey Abang.
    He cures HSV,HPV,Cancer,low spam count and much more from the evidence I saw 💯 % sure no site effects with active immune booster

    Email him for you cure
    Odeyabangherbalhome@gmail.com
    WhatsApp/calls
    +2349015049094

    ReplyDelete